View Single Post
Old 09-28-2002, 03:46 PM   #4
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
10. While You Were Sleeping. A fun little story that puts a new twist on falling for the brother of the one you think you love. Bill Pullman's a cutie and Peter Boyle and Peter Gallagher were a riot, as was Ally Walker. You can tell the cast had fun with it.

9. Pretty Woman. Not the biggest Julia Roberts or Richard Gere fan but this one was sweet, I admit, even if it was a well-worn theme of the good-hearted prostitute who finds true love.

8. Love Story. What TeriB said. A real tear-jerker and I hardly ever cry at the movies.

7. When Harry Met Sally. Wonderfully told story, and I could even stomach Meg Ryan in this one. The restaurant scene was so well-done and Billy Crystal was great.

6. Breakfast at Tiffany's. One of my fave Audrey Hepburn roles, and Peppard wasn't too bad, either.

5. The Breafkast Club. Not your typical romance, and more about high school and stereotyping, but it had enough elements to make this list. Plus, I just love the movie.

4. Mystic Pizza. This one featured a much thinner Vincent D'Onofrio, an unknown Julia Roberts before she became anorexic, and the very funny Lily Taylor. It's a good little story because not everyone ends up paired at the end.

3. Bridget Jones' Diary. Hugh Grant was the perfect cad in this one and I love Colin Firth. For once he didn't have to do one of those English period flicks, not that I mind them, but it was nice to see him in a more modern role. Renee Zellwegger (sp?) was a great Bridget Jones. A terrific supporting cast as well.

2. The Sound of Music. I'm a sap for this one. It was the very first movie I ever saw and repeated viewings do not diminish it in any way. And Christopher Plummer was hot in a uniform (sorry guys, couldn't help myself).

1. High Fidelity. John Cusack is great in struggling with the question of commitment. His trip toward the realization of who his true love is is a wild romp of neurotic episodes. Jack Black is wonderful comic relief.