View Single Post
Old 05-02-2003, 04:48 PM   #78
Wadrick
USER INFO »
Currently:
Here is my answer(s) to your question.

God is justified in sending him to hell because...

• Romans 8:18, ”So then He [God] has mercy on whom He has mercy, and He hardens whom He hardens.”
• Romans 9:19- “You will say to me then, ‘Why does He still find fault? For who resists His will?’ On the contrary, who are you, O man, who answers back to God? The thing molded will not say to the Molder, ‘Why did you make me like this,’ will it? Or does not he Potter have a right over the clay, to make from the same lump one vessel for honorable use and another for common use? What if God, although willing to demonstrate His wrath and to make His power known, endured with much patience for destruction? And He did so make known the riches of His glory upon vessels of mercy, which he prepared beforehand for glory, even us whom He also called…”

I think that the apart about the Potter and the clay is clear as to what this discussion is about. God, who is pictured as the potter, has control, power, dominion, whatever you want to call it, over us humans, pictured as the clay. But if you for some odd reason need more proof that you statement “-“ is very inaccurate, and far from the truth, here are some more:

• 1 Samuel 2:6, “The LORD kills and makes alive; He brings down to Sheol (Hell) and raises up.”
• Luke 12:5, “But I will warn you whom to fear; fear the One who, after He has killed, has authority to cast into hell, yes, I tell you, fear Him!”

Wow, what further proof do you need?? But alas, here is one more!

• Revelation 20: 15, “And if anyone’s name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire (Hell).

I hope that all that makes sense.

I feel sorry for him because it is sad that he has been shown the truth, and still does not believe. But you are kind of right. Man does not have free will. Every man is predestined to be chosen to believe or to not believe. But when God chose who would believe at the beginning of time. I guess that we still have to believe "on our own" ina sense, but not all by ourselves. God already knows wether or not we will believe, and I guess that He makes it that way so that we can know wether we believe or not.

Does all thae make sense?

I seriously hope that you don't think that God does not have authority and is not justified to send people to hell.

I am going ot send this to you in a P.M. just to make sure that you get it.