View Single Post
Old 01-29-2003, 12:29 PM   #8
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Creed_zakon, you certainly are entitled to your opinion. Now here's mine. I'm sorry Creed have outlived their usefulness for you. I wonder, then, why you came to this board. As you say, when people become a *fan* of a band they want to find out more about the members. They also want to share their passion with other fans. That's why I came here. Why did you come here if your *fandom* was already waning after Human Clay?

I don't agree with your assessment that all fans are into other aspects of the band as much as the music. I didn't even know what the Creed members looked like for quite a while after I started listening to them. It was their sound and words that drew me in, as it is with most music. As one board member has said here many a time: Worship the music, not the musicians.

Music, like all art, is subjective. People like what they like for a variety of reasons, and judging fans to be unsophisticated in their musical evolution because they like Creed isn't fair. Ragging on youth and dismissing their musical tastes isn't fair, either. Their likes and dislikes are as valid as yours. That's really patronizing and arrogant.

And before you go picking on people for their posts, read them in their context. The post from Creedfan47a about being old because the person liked The Police was said in jest.