View Single Post
Old 10-03-2003, 03:32 PM   #1297
SCOTTSMYMAN
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Don't worry Teri. Just enough to make them more interesting!! Ok here I go:

Well, it's been a couple of years now. The perfect marriage ended in divorce two years ago,the girls are growing so fast,and I went back to college and got my RN. I've been working as a nurse for only about a year but on the side I've been singing at clubs and stuff. I've done some back-up vocals with local bands.I've even been recording back-up on their albums
I got home late one night from work. My Mom gave me a phone message from some management company in Florida. She said the guy had heard my voice on an album and was interested in using me on an album he was recording for a band there.He didn't get into specifics with her so I gave him a call. As the phone rang I started to get impatient. I had a five year old grapping at me . As I lock myself in the other room they pick up and I hear "Jeff Hanson , how can I help you?" I nearly drop the phone. I identify myself and he was glad I called back. He was getting ready to go into the studio with Creed and they really liked my voice. They wanted to know if I wouldn't mind recording back up vocals for a couple of their songs. I almost fell over,"Yes, of course I would!" He set everything up so that in two weeks I would be on my way to Florida. They would pay for everything. I could even bring the kidswith my Mom and Dad. They were going to give us free passes for Disney and everything. The next day, I arranged everything at work and anxiously awaited the day we would leave.
Finally,the Friday we were leaving was here. We boarded the airplane.the kids were excitedabout Disney.When we got to Orlando two limos were waiting for us. One was for my family to the hotel ,the other to take me to the studio. I kissed everyone good-bye and told them I would call if I was going to be late.

"I'm not like the girls that you've known
But I believe I'm worth coming home to
Kiss away night
This girl only sleeps with butterflies "