View Single Post
Old 01-11-2003, 12:34 AM   #101
creedlvr
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
I think it is really unfair to say that just because some of us weren't at the Chicago show, that we aren't entitled to have an opinion.

I really love Creed and Scott Stapp. I truly admire what they stand for. I think that is what makes me like them even more.

When I heard about what happened in Chicago, my heart sank! I had logged on to find out how the concert went because I was going to see them on NYE. When I read the reviews, I couldn't believe it! Was this the same "Creed" ... the same "Scott Stapp" that I respect and admire for his beliefs??? I literally had a pit in my stomach. I had paid $115 per ticket after bidding on them online ($230 for 2), paid almost $200 for a hotel room (a REALLY crappy one at that!!), took a day off from work, made my husband take a day off from work to take me, and had to drive 3 hours to get there ... only to wait in line outside for 7 hours! If Scott had come out on stage drunk, I CAN'T say I wouldn't have been incredibly disappointed/pissed off or whatever else. I will tell you this, after reading those reviews, I certainly was concerned about what to expect for our show. BUT ... I was REALLY concerned about Scott.

You have to stop and think ... what could've caused this?? THIS IS NOT LIKE HIM! he has NEVER done anything like this before.

I have had very mixed emotions about the whole thing because I really do put Scott and Creed on a higher level than a lot of other bands. Hearing about this whole incident was quite disconcerting. I was disappointed in him ... and I wasn't even there. I felt like he let me down. But on the other hand, the "human" aspect took over and I realized that he has troubles right now. NO ... he didn't handle them properly. YES ... he used INCREDIBLY poor judgement. But it doesn't make him a bad person. IT JUST MAKES HIM HUMAN!! He is not Jesus Christ. Most of his lyrics (and beliefs) reflect the way he WANTS to be ... not necessarily the way he IS.

He's had many, many amazing shows ... let's try to focus on those! And again, I was NOT at the Chicago show ... but that does not mean that I am not entitled to an opinion. I'll bet if everyone who wasn't at the show, agreed that Scott Stapp was an ass that night and that he is some horrible person for letting the fans down, then none of those concert goers would complain about our having an opinion.

I did want to share this article that I found ... perhaps some of you have seen it already. While it DOES rehash ... in detail... the events of that dreadful evening, and CLEARLY this person is very upset with Scott ... at least it is a pretty logical opinion and shows a concern for Scott and the band. It is pretty long (so is this post .... sorry!) and again, certainly isn't at all implying we should all just forgive and forget ... but I actually really enjoyed this article. Check it out if you'd like.
http://www.februarystars.org/12292002.html

Shun ... GREAT POST!!!