View Single Post
Old 11-14-2002, 09:44 PM   #35
JenRN
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: Originally posted by souldancer
Whoa Jen, lots of caps, exclamations and closing with a red face - guess that;s cause your husband is stressed.  Agree if parents (and extended family and community members) did their job, we would have children in schools who  were not out of control, hence no stressed out teachers or need for more teachers.  But, we have to work with the future parents -the CHILDREN, so, rather than a bandaid short-term thinking, I like Creed's focus on our need to confront children's needs and give them reason's to believe - that means ALL OF US- society has to shift it's priorities from greed and war to children and compassion!!

I totally agree with you souldancer, I guess I just see the "other side" the side of a teacher that goes the extra mile, donates his time to help under priveleged kids with one or no parents and then he gets crap from the school district that he "spends too much time on the kids needs and not enough time on "Standards of learning " a test in Va where the school structures what the teacher can teach and how they teach it. I am a true believer in helping out the kids and giving time and energy to them, he covers that , and i cover the elderly!!!! I am a true believer in respect of the ""Best generation" WW2 vets etc.. I donate time and nursing skills to them every chance I get!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"