View Single Post
Old 07-11-2007, 02:04 AM   #6
Chase
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Live Earth - Best/Worst

The environment does need saving. No question. I'm right there with you. However, it's not George W. Bush's fault that the planet is in environmental state that's in. If he's been in office since the Industrial Revolution, then you may have a point. However, since he hasn't... then you have to look at the overall picture. Don't sit there and applaud uneducated musicians who are mouthing off at Bush and America. The picture is much larger.

I've encountered A LOT of people who hate Bush for ill founded reasons. They don't know why they feel the way they do. If you're going to spew an opinion about issues, at least be able to back it up. And in all honesty, I don't think most people can. Why do I say that? Because I've met people from all over the world who can't give me factual reasons as to why the American people should've elected Kerry over Bush.

I'm assuming that Live Earth is for the cause of making people aware that our planet is in peril, environmentally speaking. It shouldn't be used as a platform for slandering the foreign policies of the U.S. or President Bush.

Your country, Sweden, is the cleanest place I have ever been in my life... and you guys should be damned proud of how clean you are. But you know what, my home state of California is roughly the same size of Sweden geographically... but you only have about 9 million compared to our 30 plus million. The U.S. has over 300 million. I would hope that a country as small as Sweden (in terms of population) would be a hell of a lot cleaner than America. But then I've been to your eastern neighbors like Finland, Estonia, and Latvia. They're smaller than Sweden, but WAY MORE polluted. What does that have to do with the U.S.? I've been to Russia, and it's a pretty dirty country which is nearly on the same level as the U.S. in terms of global impact. That has nothing to do with the U.S. The U.S. isn't responsible for other countries like China or Russia. So if you're going to say that we're "killing" you... look at some other nations. Then, look at American states on an individual basis. California has a lot more emissions standards than other states.

For the record, the reason why I brought up the racism problem in countries like Sweden... is because the bands at Live Earth found it necessary to go on a tangent on say that President Bush is taking "away our freedom." And you can't tell me that Sweden isn't racist. I've seen bouncers not let people into clubs and bars because of their ethnic backgroung, because they weren't white. That happens a lot and NOBODY seems to step up and stop it.