View Single Post
Old 10-02-2006, 10:18 AM   #26
RalphyS
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: I found this interesting.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Canuckfish) God cannot contradict himself. That is all I said.

Same difference.
Question: God can do anything.
Answer: God cannot contradict himself.
Conclusion: God cannot do anything => God is not omnipotent => the God of the bible cannot exist.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Canuckfish) You can state it but you would be contradiciting yourself. God cannot contradict Himself, we can. God cannot lie, we can.

Another proof that the God of the bible cannot exist, if I can do something he cannot. It also goes to the question of 'free will', apparently we have 'free will', but God himself hasn't.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Canuckfish) He has revealed them to us in His Word.
Unproven assumption.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Canuckfish) What is your ultimate authority?.

There is no such thing as far as my knowledge goes.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Canuckfish) You cannot prove a universal negative. You would have to be omniscient and omnipresent to be able to say there is NO God. You would have to be God to say there is no God. Hardly convincing.

This is correct, but now we also have to assume that Santa Claus, unicorns, goblins, giants, elfs and any other fantasy figure are real, since I cannot disprove them either. Atheists have always stated that the burden of proof lies with those who make the positive assertation, namely that God exists. It is impossible to prove that something doesn't exist, unless your omniscient indeed, that does not stop us from intelligently deducing that some things do not exist.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Canuckfish) Thanks for your comments Ralph,

Sye

You're welcome.

Ralphy's Cool Music Site www.aowekino.nl