View Single Post
Old 10-02-2006, 05:22 AM   #22
RalphyS
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: I found this interesting.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Canuckfish) God can only do that which is within the parameters of His nature. The proposition you site is a contradiction, and since God cannot contradict Himself, No God cannot make something that He could not move.

If I could do miracles, I could walk through a wall. I could not however, both walk through a wall, and not walk through a wall at the same time. That would defy the law of non-contradiction.

Again, winning souls is not up to me. I only relay the truth, and hope and pray that God uses it to draw people unto Himself.

So God cannot do anything? He is bounded by the law of non-contradiction.

Well if he is bound by it, I surely am, therefore I cannot state absolutely that there is no absolute truth and therefore your whole site is meaningless.

Btw if God is unknowable (for the most part) and works in mysterious ways, how are you able to define the parameters of his nature? If you are not able to define them, how do you know what lies within these parameters?

Also, your supposition that atheists consider themselves gods is utter nonsense, we have non-belief in gods and we, humans, do not fall under any kind of definition for gods.

We don't deny a higher authority, because we do not want there to be one, but because there simply is none.

Ralphy's Cool Music Site www.aowekino.nl