Thread: More Conflict
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2006, 04:29 AM   #22
RalphyS
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: More Conflict

Quote: (Originally Posted by bilal) educate who?.....if the education is making people see what u want em to see....then i can see there is a nice class room goin on in Iraq right now......i love the methods the Teachers are using to teach democracy......... its really hard for west to understand just why terrorism blamed groups like Hammas and HIzbollah actualy manages to win.....just in the same way people of the Islamic world are confused how the west, with all democracy and human rights, can actually tollerated occupation and war......and crimes that are committed under the umbrella of democracy.......may be its time we also decide who needs to be educated and what? ......

Iraq is exactly the example of how not to spread democracy, forcing a feeble democracy on people, who do not how to handle it properly is not the way to go.

I do understand how groups like Hamas and Hezbollah manage to win, the feed on the hatred of people towards their 'enemies', but if you ever want a peaceful future, the only option is 'to love your enemy'. You have to let reason win over sentiment, when you vote. That's why, at least in my humble opinion, there is no place for religion in politics.

And indeed democracy is no guarantee for succes or even decent governing, but we have yet to find a better method of governing. A few quotes come to mind:

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.
George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

Democracy substitutes election by the incompetent many for appointment by the corrupt few.
George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

Many forms of Government have been tried, and will be tried in this world of sin and woe. No one pretends that democracy is perfect or all-wise. Indeed, it has been said that democracy is the worst form of government except all those other forms that have been tried from time to time.
Sir Winston Churchill (1874 - 1965), Hansard, November 11, 1947

Ralphy's Cool Music Site www.aowekino.nl