View Single Post
Old 04-18-2006, 04:06 PM   #32
Chase
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Iran President: Israel Will Be Annihilated

Quote: (Originally Posted by RalphyS) Well the problem is that even Iranians who do not agree with this president and the islamic clerics that still have the true power, so those that we would call the more moderate opposition, still feel that it is their right to create nuclear energy and even nuclear weapons.

And to be honest for the west to "forbid" others to develop these kind of weapons, while they themselves still hold on to them is ofcourse a double standard, but as I've stated before I do not want these kind of weapons in the hands of people, who prefer to sacrifice lifes for the so-called moral good, and therefore although I do not agree with the double standard, I do agree with it, if you know what I mean.

The West "forbids" certain countries for certain reasons. Why would any sane person feel comfortable with nuclear weapons in the hands of Kim Jong Il? Or Iran? Or Syria? Or another state that sponsors terrorism? Believe me, I understand this double standard... but some of these nations have no regard for human life... and would not use nuclear weapons as a last resort. In the cases of some of them, they would probably launch them at Israel at their first opportunity.