View Single Post
Old 04-09-2006, 09:44 PM   #45
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Most in U.S. Favor Death if Saddam Is Convicted

Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) There are a couple of typos. I meant to say that I'm NOT going to be the one to tie the rope around his neck and the Iraqis want him executed. I'm not sadistic and I'm not carrying out the execution.

The distinction between killing someone and wanting to kill them is negligible. If you had the opportunity would you execute him?

Quote: You don't think what Saddam did was sadistic and worthy for him to burn in Hell.

Of course it was sadistic and if he doesn't repent he will most likely burn in Hell. But I am not God and I will not decide.

Quote: Great... it's nice knowing a self-righteous "Christian" who is minimizing such atrocities.

I am not minimizing the atrocity of murder. You are. I think what he did was terrible. I don't think continung murder will make it less terrible.

Quote: Great job. I'm sadistic for condemning Hussein.

If you believe in Christ you are. He specifically said *NOT* to judge others, so that you yourself may not be judged.

Quote: Way to go... your "logic" never seizes to amaze me.

It is logical, if you take Christianty as a starting point. If you take the secular worldy view (revenge at all costs), you are right, it is not logical.

Quote: And another thing. You're telling me that it's good for people to stop the will of God?

No.

Quote: If it's God's will to have someone die in a car accident,

Oh so you know God's will now? You don't know what His will is, apparently.

Quote: should the doctor keep the person alive... even if the outcome is sever paralysis?

Yes. Again, Christ told us life, not death. You want people to die. I want them to live.

Quote: Your attitude makes me believe that you wish the U.S. was a Christian theocracy.

And yet I am not the super conservative war monger who is trying to force democracy upon the middle east...

Quote: You make it sound like the law of the land should be Biblical in nature.

I am talking about morals. Of course I am going to use the Bible to back up claims of morality.

Quote: My point is that people play God everyday...

Again, this has nothing to do with anything

Quote: but you're only critical in certain cases. I don't understand that.

We should strive to be like Christ. Did Christ heal people, or kill them? He healed them. So while I try to save life, you go on ahead and keep killing them.

Quote: Then again... I'm "sadistic."

You want someone to burn in Hell. I say again, that is indeed sadistic. Only Satan *wants* people to burn in Hell.

Quote: Way to go... being extremely judgemental with me.

If someone were to rape someoe else, you would call them a rapist. Is that judgemental? I think not. If someone were to wish Hell upon someone else, would that be justification for saying it was a sadistic notion? I think so.

Quote: Saddam Hussein is a murderer.

Duh.

Quote: He will burn in Hell for what he's done to thousands of INNOCENT people.

Oh so you are God now? Great job. You jsut told us all what God is planning to do. While you are at it, can you tell us when Jesus will be returning? How about his exact birthdate? How about what really happened at the beginning of the universe?

Oh, you can't answer those questions? Then stop condemning people to Hell.

Quote: Key word: INNOCENT. Either way he's going to Hell.

Not if he were to repent and convert. Will he? I highly doubt it. Does that mean you know beyond a shadow of a doubt? Absolutely not.