View Single Post
Old 04-03-2006, 02:42 AM   #1129
Rocketqueen
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Daily Bread

Quote: (Originally Posted by HeavenBesideYou) April 2nd

"Your Babylon."

In captivity in Babylon, the Jews wept for their homeland and prayed for the day when they might return. But when the day of their release from captivity finally came and they were allowed to return, only about fifty thousand (out of hundreds of thousands) made the trek back to Jerusalem. Why? For one thing, some of the Jews were making a good living in Babylon, a better living than their fathers had made in Jerusalem. Others had married Babylonian spouses and become assimilated into Babylonian culture. They had forgotten Jerusalem. Can you blame them? Seventy years of captivity is a long time.

Whatever the reason, some of the Jews weren't like the writer of Psalm 137, which apparently was written shortly after their return from exile.
pslam 69.29.36 But I,am Poor And Sorroful Let Thy Salvation O God Set Me UP ON HIGH I Will Praise The Name Of God With A Song And Will Magnify Him With Thanksgivingh This Also Shall Be Better than ox or cows who gor horns and hoofs THE GOOD WAS SAYING Whats Wrong Wit You People i ask for love And You Bring Me Livestock the humble shall see this and be Glad And Your Heart Shall Live That Seek God For The Lord Heareth The Poor And Despieth Not His Prisoners LET THE HEAVEN AND EARTH PRAISE HIM THE SEAS AND EVERYTHING MOVETH For God Will Save ZAion ASnd Will Bulid The Cites Of Judah That They May Dwell there and have it in possession the seed also of his servants shall inherit it and they that love his name shall dwell therein
The Bible speaks of heaven as our Jerusalem and suggests that where we are now living is Babylon on earth. How comfortable are you in your Babylon? How are you faring there? Have you forgotten that you, too, are an exile, a pilgrim in a foreign land? What are you looking ahead to?

Beside the rivers of Babylon, we sat and wept as we thought of Jerusalem. We put away our lyres, hanging them on the branches of the willow trees. For there our captors demanded a song of us. Our tormentors requested a joyful hymn: "Sing us one of those songs of Jerusalem!" But how can we sing the songs of the Lord while in a foreign land?

Psalm 137:1-4

Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your mind off your goals.

Unknown

Heaven

I Indeed Babtize you with water BUT ONE Mightier Than I Cometh The Latchet Of Whose Shoes I,am Not Worthy To Unloose He Shall Babtize You With The Holy Ghost And With FIREEEEEEEEEE John The Babtist You Never Count Your Money When YOUR Sittin At The Table There Will Be Time Enough To Count,em When The Dealings Done