View Single Post
Old 03-27-2006, 06:28 PM   #51
Lunar Shadow
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Homosexuality Is Result Of Genes, Brain Structure, Hormones, Contradicts fundies.

Quote: (Originally Posted by SecretWeapon) Evolution is a pretty vague word, it basically means a slow change over a long
period of time. However, usually when people refer to evolutionary theory,
they are implying that all life came about from non-life by a series of
hopelessly improbable "happenings" (which are statistically impossible) and
then life has been slowly bettering itself over the past several million years,
(which has never been proven to be possible) and mutations have created
different species (which has been proven impossible).
impossible no improbable yes just because you yourself are not able to concive how A Biogenesis could be possible doesn't make it impossible besides it is no more outragous than what you are saying (fro a scientific standpoint) you say "my big invisible say daddy waved his hand and there were plants and animals and people 2 people who comitted incests to populate the panet.
Quote: Microevolution? Perhaps. Macroevolution? Not possible.
the distinction of micro and macroevolution is spliting hairs if one is possible the other must be possible. tell me what happens when you have a bunch of microevolution events happen over a long period of time? answer MACROEVOLUTION!
Quote: As for proof, if you're refering to the observations made in
Peppermoths and Galapigos Finches were examples of selective
breeding, the more probable to survive (dark) moths
did survive, just as the more probable to survive finches
(the 'bigger beaked') did survive. Finches did not mutate bigger beaks,
they already had them, the moths did not make themselves darker, they were already dark.
do show a reference about this selective breeding you speak of I would be interested in reading it.

Quote: Back on subject, yes I do act in faith, I am a Christian. I thought that you knew what the word 'faith' meant. Of course I have faith in the Bible.
All I said was that the Bible says it's a sin. I do believe it to be a
choice, thus my arguing. I have heard stories of homosexuals becoming christians, and then becoming heterosexual again.
its good that you can admit you are a christian more power to you. yes I do know what faith is. faith is acceptance of things that can not be explained but in this case it can be explained but you chose to ignore the explaination because it doesn't go with your world view so you shut down and say impossible god would never....(fill in the balnk) and then you condemn going on and on about sin and how evil it is. it is quite typical you know I have seen it all to many times. there was a time a scientist was branded a haratic for sayig the earth was round... religion as always trailed scince in some cases by centries (the catholic church didn't admit they were wrong about the earth being round until the 1990's) but there are many examples of such. but you are blined by it and thats ok because you'll have to live with what ever decision you make. so own it

Quote: You could say that they are just lying out of guilt, but 1) you are
accusing someone you don't even know of being a hypocrite and
2) I could say that there are open homosexuals who are just lying,
because they believe it is not by choice and they want everyone to
believe it their way, even if it means lying about they're sexuality.

Neither of our arguements would have more credibility than the other,
as it is impossible to determine (for sure) who is or is not lying.
how many homosexuals do you know I mean really know honestly unless you have some sort of personal base for this statment then just shut up.
Quote: According to you, it is all natural, there is no choice. If that is so,
than we should be able to take one homosexual man and one
heterosexual man (in a double blind test) and take them and
get MRIs of them, and then it could be shown, visualy, who is
homosexual and who is not.
thats right according to me and quite a few other scientists.... and as far as your other comments here I could bring up Alfred Kinsey but I don't think you would know who that is and if you did I think you would dismiss him quicker that I could blink because there is no point in arguing with some one who is so set in thier ways and who prefers ignorance over knowlage I really don't knwo why I even bother with it.
Quote: Also, if it was not choice, why don't we see it (as evolutionary theory
says we should) in every single species and sub-species of animal on the
planet?

And don't bring up that one type of goat, because that proves nothing.

We should see
Gay dogs
Yes there is homosexuality there
Quote: gay cats
there too
Quote: gay hampsters
gay alligators
don't know about any studies done here on these animals
Quote: gay chimpanzees
You know that there are
Quote: gay trout
how could tell? they lay eggs