View Single Post
Old 03-26-2006, 12:50 AM   #22
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Most in U.S. Favor Death if Saddam Is Convicted

Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) I never claimed to be God... and in this issue, religion plays no part from my standpoint.

So, religion plays no part? If religion plays no part in certain areas of your life, how can you claim to be religious? Does it also play no part in your political views? Your social views? How can you pick and choose where religion matters.

You do not give someone life, chase. God does. Or at least, I *thought* that was what you believed. You want the power of death over someone? That sounds awfually satanic to me.

Tell me; what is the virtue in killing Saddam? There is NONE. Except for, I forgot, revenge. Apparently your religion plays no part here, either. Or does your religion preach revenge? I don't think it does. Correct me if I am wrong.

To claim the power of life and death over your fellow human beings is to claim to be God. Shame on you.

Quote: And yes, I can can give someone life... there's a thing called "reproduction."

This is the dumbest thing I have ever heard, bar none. And that is saying something, since I have been arguing with anarkist off and on for quite some time ( ). You think the ability to participate in a reproductive act gives you the right to kill? What kind of sick sadistic soul are you?