View Single Post
Old 03-24-2006, 09:14 PM   #17
SecretWeapon
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Atheism growing in America

This is in defense of myself on page 1, which I never really got the chance to reply to.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Lunar Shadow) I do not worship anything and I am annoyed with your presuption that I worship nature.

Well, I am annoyed at your hateful responses, but I endure them, but for now I think it's better to just let this go. Sorry if I was rude.

Quote: All Theists say that they have the one true god you are nothing special in assurting this I mean if you were to ask Bin Laden he would say that he has the one true god and that the infidel chistians don't know what they are talking about

What do you think I am? An idiot? I could say that Atheists say that they know the true truth and that theists don't know what they're talking about. Would that make you feel smarter or insulted? Please be more thoughtful before you spout out todays well-known headlines to me.

Quote: I am not even going to justify this with a response

That's the way. I think you're getting the hang of this.

Quote: where?
You called be a bigot and accused me of being hateful.
Yet, there was no hatefulness in my statement. This is
a prime example of God's Holiness being uncomprehended
or ingored. Yes, that would be a very evil and hateful thing
to say if I was speaking of anyone other than The Holy God,
in Whom there is no fault, Who is worthy of all glory, praise, worship, Who has all power, wisdom, rightesness, etc. But
God is God, and it is -to say the least- unfair to Him to have
all this sin and evil in His nation.

Also, I don't believe that God's law is unloving or evil, childish, wrathful, etc, but loving, Devine, and merciful. If God was all those evil things you say He is, why on Earth would He have given us the law, and told us what not to do? The law was to be known by everyone in Isreal, therefore, if one broke the law, he/she would have done it knowingly, with full knowledge of the consequences. If they commited sin unknowingly then there were sacrifices to pay for their sin. These there were also, even if they did sin knowingly.

This is as valid as calling every law made in America
pertaining to right and wrong evil, and the judge,
jury, and executioner wrathful, childish beings.

Quote: so tell me have you ever worked on saturday? if so then we should kill you now.

do you wear mixed fibers?
have you eaten food prepared by a woman on her period? (if you eat our you may have and would have never known)
would you kill your son if he disobeyed you?
these are in in Lev 19

would you sell your daughter in to slavery? YES the bible allows this

For someone who claims to have studied the Bible, you seem to know shockingly little about the Christian faith.

Acts 10:9-16 (NIV) About noon the following day as they were on they're journey and approaching the city, Peter went up on the roof to pray.

He became hungry and wanted something to eat, and while the meal was being prepared, he fell into a trance. He saw heaven opened and something like a large sheet being let down by its four corners. It contained all kinds of four-footed animals, as well as reptiles of the earth and birds of the air. Then a voice told him, "Peter. Kill and eat."

"Surely not, Lord!", Peter replied. "I have never eaten anything unpure or unclean"

The voice spoke to him a second time, "Do not call anything unpure that God has made clean."

This happened three times, and immediatly the sheet was taken back into heaven.

1 Corinthians 6:12 (NIV) "Everything is permissible for me"- but not everything is benificial. "Everything is permissible for me" -but I will not be mastered by anything.

1 Corinthians 10:23 (NIV) "Everything is permissible" - but not everything is beneficial. "Everything is permissible" -but not everything is consructive.

Last edited by SecretWeapon : 03-24-2006 at 09:52 PM.