View Single Post
Old 03-08-2006, 02:24 AM   #38
Torn Daredevil
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Scott Stapp - Behind the Douchebag

Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) I'm offended that you endulge in horrible Ben Affleck movies.

And another thing, I honestly find making fun of people who suffer from alcoholism to be more low than making fun of an avatar... since you obviously like to use Biblical quotes please find the one where it says :"thou shalt make fun of people who are struggling with their faith."

First of all, I said I don't like that movie anymore. If you really want me to change it and my username, I will. I don't even know why that's an issue. If you want to debate the truth about alcoholism, we could get into that all day. I concur with the thoughts from the most recent South Park episode (best show ever), that it's not a "disease," and instead of someone claiming to be a victim they should take responsibility of their own actions. A disease, I think, is usually something that a person has no control over. Scott Stapp started his own poor drinking habits. Is smoking a disease? No, it causes disease.

About the Christianity thing, I don't hate Scott Stapp because he's a "struggling Christian." I'm angry that the man used that angle to his advantage for years, when he clearly has displayed no remorse for his actions and continues to blame everything on everyone but himself. I don't know him, but I just don't seem him as that poor "struggling Christian." I think, just my humble opinion, that he has used that for years and has no real interest in setting a good example in the media of what Christianity is.