View Single Post
Old 03-02-2006, 07:33 PM   #103
Chase
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: "Americans kill dozens of prisoners"

Quote: (Originally Posted by RMadd) you're kidding me, right? Bush, Rummy, and Cheney might not be the brightest fellows, but I think they would realize that starting another war in which treaties and alliances are the reason for starting it (Taiwan, Israel, S. Korea) would probably kill the Republican party. In fact, as we're seeing inthe latest domestic issues--wire-tapping and UAE-owned ports--many Congressional Republicans are willing to disagree with Bush. The key here is that we have a fairly evenly-divided House and Senate, and Republican losses in heated districts and states in both '06 and '08 will obviously affect the future direction of the country. Plus, Congressmen who stand by Bush on such divisive (or even highly unpopular) issues seem to be headed back home next year.

One slight disagreement... I don't think the majority of Republicans oppose the wire tapping. They way they look at it is if someone is receiving calls from certain terrorist hotbed regions of Afghanistan... then the government has the right to know who it is you're talking to. I think the majority of the nation still sides with Republicans on issues... especially with the surge of liberalism within the Democratic Party... and with the antics of people like Howard Dean, Ted Kennedy, John Kerry, Joe Biden, Chucky Schumer, and Nancy Pelosi the Democrats are only hurting their chances. I honestly think the Republicans will wrap up the '08 election if John McCain runs... I don't think someone like Hillary Clinton stands a chance against him.