View Single Post
Old 03-02-2006, 06:31 PM   #96
RMadd
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: "Americans kill dozens of prisoners"

Quote: (Originally Posted by Ana4Stapp) WOW!!!!!! Now you will help me to put my point....America (West) simply doenst CARE about others people...countries.. social probelms ...dictaorships ...abuses...whatever...you just care NOW...because you were attacked in your 'happy way of life'...and now you noticed that Islamic world exists...

Its a very christian position btw...
no, that is most definitely not a Christian view. if that's the way you see Christianity, I am deeply sorry for whatever you have experienced that has made it such. Political Christianity, as used by Bush and crusaders, is not truly Christianity. I won't get into it too much in this forum, but loving one another is at the heart of the religion. So, it is very un-Christian to be secluded in your "happy way of life" and to not care if something doesn't directly affect you. Yes, that might be how states that are historically Christian might act, but the fact that the U.S. doesn't act unless acted upon doesn't stem from its Christian roots. Instead, our country was isolationist, really, up until the Cold War, so we have a good 200-300 years (including the colonial period) of not caring entirely too much what was going on in the Eastern Hemisphere.