View Single Post
Old 03-02-2006, 04:48 AM   #90
RalphyS
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: "Americans kill dozens of prisoners"

Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) You're wrong. The RMS Lusitania was a British passenger ship... and the Germans declared war on the United States after Japan attacked the United States. Hitler wasn't concentrated on America and wasn't obligated to declare war on the U.S. due to the conditions of the Tripartite Pact of 1940. He actually had a problem with the U.S. being a neutral country because he knew that the Americans would do business with the British and provide sell them old naval destroyers.

Either way... the U.S. really didn't have to go to Europe. We could've just focused on Japan.

So actually the USA did not enter the war in Europe just to help us out, they were declared war upon by the Germans?

I have to agree that the decision of the USA to enter the war in Europe was probably the deciding factor there, but if 'you had just dealt with Japan' and Europe would have become a total nazi-state, it would have become much harder for the USA too later on, I presume, to beat them. So it was probably a good tactic to join the effort in Europe.

Oh, and it may be true that the Lusithania was British, but the USA entered the war because many American passengers died, I believe.

Ralphy's Cool Music Site www.aowekino.nl