View Single Post
Old 02-09-2006, 03:52 PM   #112
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp
Re: Militants Surround EU Offices in Gaza Over 'Offensive' Cartoons

[quote=RalphyS]
Quote: I'm sorry to hear you have a problem at work and I hope you can work it out.

Oh thanks Ralphy...but the problem is disappearing...and finally I can 'breath'...lol

Quote: I honestly do think that the 'editors' did not anticipate this kind of uproar, stemming from a few cartoons, ofcourse there was evidence in history that it might:

You know...but I cant believe in no way in their innocence...

Quote: I've seen far worse cartoon of Dubya portrayed as Hitler and thought nothing of it, maybe agreeing partly in it. Hasn't islam or at least its radicals actions warranted a view in the general public of the west, that it's a religion very strongly attached to terrorism and bombings, and isn't this what comes out in cartoon like this.

Look Im not saying I dont agree with the drawns, I can find them funny or intelligents, but me and you arent fanatics muslims...we dont live in 14 century (and yes now im biased in saying this...but this is true.). We live in west having western values of freedom and respect. We are more tolerant because we are not from a theocratic state which tries to keep us blind using religion.

Quote: Yes, I heard on Dutch radio today that the taliban received lots of volunteers to be suicide terrorists, because of the cartoons. And now, you want us to go and talk with these people about being rational and tell them we're sorry, they are willing to go and blow up themselves and as many innocent people as possible, there is no more rationality there. You cannot discuss something rationally with raving lunatics, which these people more and more prove to be and therefore I am not willing to accomodate them anymore.

I clearly belive that Osama and Al Qaeda are taking advantage of this situation...their own enemies gave the reason to hate west more and more
I never said that we have to talk with these fanatics....but I dont see a reason to provoke this situation that become a global crisis.

Quote: Whatever we do as Westerners, these people are supposed to hate us, it is written in their holy book!!! It is hard to respect the wishes of people, who look at us with so much hatred and therefore I see less and less reason to let them dictate us what to do, say, draw or publish.

Yes, yes...I said it too many times here and this is definitely my point : they hate us and will hate more now...because they were inflamad by the cartoons.

Quote: I think these quotes are very apropriate in this situation.

The beauty of religious mania is that it has the power to explain everything. Once God (or Satan) is accepted as the first cause of everything which happens in the mortal world, nothing is left to chance... logic can be happily tossed out the window.
Stephen King

Religion is the idol of the mob; it adores everything it does not understand.
Frederick the Great

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.
Voltaire (1694 - 1778)

With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.
Steven Weinberg (1933 - ), quoted in The New York Times, April 20, 1999
]

Very good quotes.

Quote: So what should be done about the situation in your opinion

I really dont know ...but I know what shouldnt be done....
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too