View Single Post
Old 02-09-2006, 06:12 AM   #1038
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Daily Bread

February 9th

"Does God want to forgive sinners?"

God sent Jesus to take the punishment for sin, dying on the cross in our place. All who repent and trust in Christ can be forgiven. Human forgiveness often comes with hidden strings. We say we forgive, but later, at a crucial time, we yank the string and pull the offense back into view. Saying "I forgive you" comes easily, but truly forgiving and forgetting is much more difficult.

If you doubt God's forgiveness, allow the words of Romans 8:32 to strengthen your faith. If God gave up his only Son for you, so surely he will not hold back his forgiveness:

Since God did not spare even his own Son but gave him up for us all, won't God, who gave us Christ, also give us everything else?

God's forgiveness is different than human forgiveness. Isaiah 43:25 declares that when God forgives sin, he forgets them forever:

"I—yes, I alone—am the one who blots out your sins for my own sake and will never think of them again."

Knowing our tendency to store past offenses and hold grudges, we assume that God does the same.

Though our hearts are filled with sins, you forgive them all.

Psalm 65:3

Stand tall and breathe the sweet air of forgiveness.

Heaven