View Single Post
Old 12-11-2005, 02:02 AM   #56
evyllsummer
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) I grew up in the 70s as well and am quite familiar with all of what you have recounted above. I really loved the early 90s and am quite a fan of AIC, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, etc. I agree that Buckley was not appreciated during his time, which is a shame, because that man could flat-out sing and write. And while I think Myles is a really good singer, I don't think he can touch Cornell in his prime or Buckley or Plant. That said, I enjoy baritones and tenors alike.

well, again, we'll just have to part company, because there isn't a note that Plant has ever hit that Myles couldn't hit (or HASN'T hit)...Buckley, well, I'm not sure ANYONE could be as good as Buckley, but Myles is the closest thing currently on the scene in terms of range, versatility, sustain, and control...Cornell in his prime would be an interesting argument, but CURRENT Cornell can't touch Myles...

and I like GOOD baritones, like Noah Hunt of the Kenny Wayne Shephard band...Stapp doesn't qualify for me...