View Single Post
Old 11-30-2005, 02:38 PM   #16
SummerGirl
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) Yes and that's a very good point, but my point was that the break-up was still fresh back in August of last year. Creed was still rather fresh as well. Fast forward 18 months, and a lot of people have probably forgotten about Creed(they've essentially been replaced on Pop radio by the likes of Nickelback and 3 Doors Down) and the break-up. My point was that AB had the benefit of the break-up announcement and the publicity, while Stapp, because he waited so long to put this album out, did not.

I was simply adding to the food for thought idea.

My friend has suggested for over a year now that Creed was on its death rattle...the high schoolers are in college now...the soccer moms have moved on too...and the rockers are still there supporting either side or both. I agree with you on that point.

As far as the break up of Creed...again, it didn't rattle too many cages. I have repeatedly talked to people in lines or surrounding the concert venue or at an Alter Bridge concert (or, in everyday life) and the majority did not know that AB was even part of Creed. Many still don't know that Creed broke up!

AB did not claim the former Creed stuff...Wind-up tried, but Mark didn't embrace it...the media would constantly mention it during interviews etc.

Throwing back to the original idea here, the ties to Creed was probably harmful to AB if anything.