View Single Post
Old 11-28-2005, 11:57 AM   #23
titan9
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by facelessmike) That writer is obviously no fan of Creed...

"The other musicians went on to form Alter Bridge, which released a son-of-Creed, mock-grunge album last year."

ODR is not the son of Creed.

"his alleged desire to give himself over entirely to the old band's covert connection to Christian rock."

There is less Christian imagery in TGD than I expected, really only in the title track.

"painting himself as the Mel Gibson of music."

That's a little dramatic.

"Preaching like this should test the faith of even Creed's most devout fans."

I dont think that any real Creed fan would not like this album.

I hate "journalists" that don't do their research and thus don't know what they are talking about. It reminds me of an Alter Bridge concert review by a local newspaper. Alter Bridge did a show at a local venue(The Machine Shop) and this dude did a review of it in my local newspaper. His review was the biggest piece of nonsense I've ever read; he compared Myles to a cheap version of Stapp and compared Stapp to a cheap version of Eddie Vedder. How in the heck does Myles sound/look-like Stapp? Worse, he ran down Alter Bridge's music and I think compared it to a cheap version of Creed, calling it "Creed version 2". Again, what the heck? Alter Bridge's stuff is, for the most part, different from Creed's. And even if they were similar, what do you expect? AB only has 3/4 of the original Creed! I wanted to bash my head in the wall after reading that review. I was just disgusted with it.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!