View Single Post
Old 11-04-2005, 04:01 AM   #90
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
OMFG, WHAT AN AWESOME SHOW AT MADISON SQUARE GARDEN...Ok, I'll stop yelling now...hehehehe. I'm still wired for sound!

My friend and I missed the first band because we decided food was a better idea, haha. We got to MSG just in time for QOTSA, who were friggin awesome as usual. My friend, who was not that familiar with QOTSA, was duly impressed, and I instructed to go out immediately and get Rated R, as that is the best QOTSA album in my book . They did a really good mix of old and new and the highlights were Go With the Flow, Burn the Witch (I CANNOT get enough of this song), Little Sister and a really wild jamming version of No One Knows that included some bad-ass dueling guitar playing!! Josh & Co. are so tight live. His voice was killer and he was hitting all the high notes. He did a really sweet version of Long Slow Goodbye, too. Fuckin' A, I love this band.

Now, onto NIN!!

Wicked awesome setlist and amazing visuals. We rocked our friggin asses off, screaming away to all the songs! I have no voice left, and I get to do this again Saturday in Philly, LOL.

I never remember the order, but here goes...

They opened with Pinion and then Love Is Not Enough. Trent was in fine voice, I must say. The screens and visuals were very cool, some of them looking like different versions of the album cover theme.

They played a crapload more of the new stuff than they did in Philly, to wit: The Collector(!), which was excellent. It was much crisper this time than when they played it during the club/threater tour; You Know What You Are (I think that was second or third, I can't remember), mega audience participation on this one; The Hand That Feeds (this gets better live all the time); Only!!!!!!!!!!!! (YES!!!); The Line Begins to Blur; Right Where It Belongs (AWESOME accompanying visuals in this one); and Beside You In Time (more cool video and other visuals). The only one I really wanted to hear and didn't was Sunspots. I'm holding out for Saturday. If they do Sunspots, I will just have to jump the stage. Still, all the newer stuff sounded great!! And the crowd was very enthusiastic about the new stuff, which I thought was cool because I know some NIN fans are not enamored of With_Teeth. I felt happy for Trent . Some of the bootlegs I have don't have the crowd energy the NYC audience had. I noticed lots of people jamming and singing to the new stuff.

For old stuff they did March of the Pigs (the pit went wild on this); ERASER (the visual highlight of the night for me, lots of political stuff and statements with pictures. Very, very well done); Something I Can Never Have (OMFG, I was so happy to hear this); The Frail/The Wretched; Reptile (my favorite NIN song); Burn (!); Suck; Wish; Gave Up; Closer; Hurt; and they ended with Head Like a Hole...and NO Starfuckers, hahaha...Friggin killer show!

Trent didn't do a lot of talking, but he thanked the crowd a few times and then near the end he thanked us again and said that two years ago, he wasn't sure he'd ever be back standing on a stage, and he was grateful for that and for us showing up.

And I get to go again on Saturday. I can't fucking wait!!