Old 11-03-2005, 01:31 PM   #74
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
Well here's my review of the album/songs:

01. Reach Out
This is a very good song. One of my favs on the album.

02. Fight Song
Another one of my favs. Great tune. Very catchy too. Perhaps a rock/alt radio single?

03. Hard Way
Another good song.

04. Justify
It's different. I like the music and the chorus, but I'm not a big fan of the talking parts. I think the song builds though and gets better as it goes on.

05. Let Me Go
Don't like this song at all. It's very simple and doesn't seem to fit with the rest of the songs.

06. Surround Me
Great song! Nice acoustic/electric mix. Lyrics are great; this is like classic Stapp. Best song on the album.

07. The Great Divide
Good song. This song flows great right after Surround Me. Another classic Stapp tune. Excellent choice to be the first single.

08. Sublime
I like the verses but the parts where he sings "Sublime" just don't do it for me. This is probably the third worst song on the album if I had to rank them.

09. You Will Soar
Maybe it's just me but it sounds similar to Sublime (at least the chorus part). It's a decent song.

10. Broken
This seems like it should have been a b-side to Creed's "Don't Stop Dancing" CD single, eh? It is a beautiful song, but it just doesn't do it for me. It seems out of place on this album. Second worst song next to Let Me Go.

Overall
Overall I'd probably give this album a 6.5 or 7 out of 10. The music is much simplier on this album compared to Creed and Alter Bridge. I'm more of a fan of the music than the lyrics. If the "feel" and "sound" of the song catch my ear, I tend to like it a lot. Several of the songs sound very simple and just don't catch my ear like other stuff does. The lyrics on several of the songs are also very simple compared to stuff from Creed. The good songs, however, are really good. It's just that the "bad" songs are, IMO, "bad."

This is an album I'd listen to once in awhile, but not one that I would put on constant rotation like I do with Creed's "My Own Prison," Alter Bridge's "One Day Remains," Audioslave's self-titled debut, Nickelback's new one, etc.

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"