View Single Post
Old 10-27-2005, 04:58 PM   #35
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Mrprophetman) But he DID do it....and no help from his backstabbing ex-bandmates either. I actually like the fact that I'm not hearing those two playing anything. I usually go the the restroom when they start in with the guitar solos and drum solos in concert. I bet every song isn't six minutes long either....six minute songs don't get played on the radio....yep...I think that's right.
I think you are truly missing out on good concerts then. 'Cause you're supposed to be frontrow in the middle! And if you are, there is no way you are going to the restroom in the middle of the show!

Quote: (Originally Posted by RMadd) seriously, Lith, you need to control your anti-Stapp rhetoric bullshit & try & contribute something positively for once.
What did I do now? Commented on the fact that there is 10 songs on The Great Divide? Oh no, shoot me... Dude, relax, I didn't say anything negative about him.

Quote: (Originally Posted by RMadd) you think not having Mark & Flip is the only reason why it's taken him so long? Jesus Tapdancing Christ, you're naive. Most bands end up writing (or at least partially writing) more than the number of actual songs that appear on the album. Or, in the very least, if they only write 10 or 11, they usually refine them a great deal.
No man, I didn't say any of that, you just assumed that. No, I sure as hell don't think not having Mark and Flip by his side is the only reason, and I never mentioned ANYTHING about Stapp sucking! I love his music, man! And I didn't say I was disappointed with the fact that there's "only" 10 songs on the album, once again you assumed I did.

Quote: (Originally Posted by RMadd) So, let's see, 1 1/2 years really isn't all that long. I mean, the man evidently had some tricky personal issues to deal with. And just because it takes awhile to write new material doesn't mean you suck: how many years was it between Boston's 2nd & 3rd, 3rd & 4th, and 4th & 5th albums (if you don't know, it's 8 years every time)?
Now, could you send me a quote where I actually say: "The Great Divide will suck", 'cause I sure as hell can't remember posting something like that.

Quote: (Originally Posted by RMadd) long most of the songs are. It's one thing if they're all 3:00, but I would imagine they probably run somewhere between the 4:30 & 5:30 range, giving you a good 45-50 mins of music, which is more than a lot of bands these days provide of original material.
Yes, and I'm positive about this album. You, on the other hand, are waisting negative energry on focusing on the fact that I am "negative".
And even if all of those things you just said about me were true. I was still right, eyy? I gussed 10 songs would feature, and I guessed right.

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor

Last edited by The Lithium : 10-27-2005 at 05:01 PM.