Thread: guitar people
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2002, 01:12 AM   #15
hide_tremonti
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: Originally posted by Rolo1446
I've been playing for a few months.

Apparently, I've got a knack for it. Picked up Say I, Wrong Way, Is This The End?, Torn, and Ode.

Can't seem to get What If and Unforgiven due to the timing and speed of the hammer-ons....ESPECIALLY What If...I can kinda make...*noise*....that resembles Unforgiven...but What If, however easy the intro is, I totally suck from 0:47 on...even have trouble, a bit, with the Interlude -- (0-12-13-0-16-15-0-12-0-16-15-0-10-12-15-12-0-12-13-0-16-15-0-12...right?)

Mulletman, ya got any tips for me on those two songs?  

P.S. -- *is* anyone fast enough to match Mark's speed on Bullets?!?! Holy crap man...I can't even begin to imagine the tab for that song...

yup you've got the nack for it! for "what if" you might want to try the interlude that involves 2 strings...
----5--6-----9--8-----5-----9--8------3---5----8---6--|
-0---------0--------0-----0--------0---------------------|
the key to getting any song right is to keep practising....listen to the song, memorise where everything goes, practise putting the fingers in place, then combine it with the picking...

yes it is possible to go fast enough for Bullets, i've heard of accounts where they play it too fast! the key to bullets is to alternate pick....but just practise some more before you get into their faster stuff

cheers!