View Single Post
Old 10-06-2005, 02:25 AM   #12
RMadd
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
well, here's what I sent 'em, in hopes that they'll post it:

Quote: (Originally Posted by RMadd) To Whom It May Concern,
I found this article to be poorly researched and, worse yet, very poorly written. As you have no doubt received a handful of other emails from fans of any of the bands listed in Mr. Brooke's article (namely, Creed and Alter Bridge), I feel I need not nitpick on the facts of the bands' success, hits, or reasons for their demise/"creation." That, however, leaves no dearth of other issues with Mr. Brooke's writing. He strongly suspects that MxPx performed as Godhawk in '03? No follow-up on whether it was them, or simply one of hundreds of other bands in the Seattle area? Not even a mention such as "I was unable to conclusively find whether Godhawk was, in fact, MxPx in disguise." Instead, he presents a supposition and passes it off as factual with nary a qualification. Mr. Brooke is a senior, presumably near the completion of one or both of his degrees; I strongly suggest he enroll in a course in grammar or writing so that he might learn how to more eloquently express himself and thus shed the tone of an eighth-grader.
Sincerely,
Ryan A. Madden