View Single Post
Old 09-12-2005, 07:54 PM   #34
Tremontixriffs
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) Something tells me if looks were rated 2 and ability 1, that it would be the opposite. Or at least not as lopsided as it is. Or if this were posted at PBF.....nah, bad idea.

Alright people lets be serious looks aside... Myles is a good singer and does have a good range, however his voice leaves alot to be desired...Mainly after about 15- 20 min I cant take listening to him anymore, he almost kills the ears. Maybe some of his songs from Mayfield which were more his style I dont mind.

Second Scott stapp is the real deal, He may be arrogant at times or whatever but when it comes down to it he had way more success as a singer and a writer than myles could ever dream. myles may be the better musician and may be a better schooled singer but Stapp didn't need all that to become a great frontman, and when it comes to singing a ballad, kennedy couldn't come close...My ears wanted to blow after listening to in loving memory, it would have sounded so much better had stapp sung it.

Finally,
Lets look at it like this, in listening to stapps new single it is ever appearant that he does not need tremonti to have a successful career as where with kennedy, Alter Bridge will continue to be a great "band" with a seventies/eighties wannabe, not that he is god awlful, I like bridge but creed will be remeber always.
In my mind
I won't lie
It took some time

But I know one thing
It took me away from
All the things love gave me
So I have to let things go...

I can go another round
Despite you.....

I'm still healing...
No I'm not real and
Yes I'm feeling...