View Single Post
Old 07-16-2005, 09:59 PM   #38
titan9
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
See, I like the fact that Damon was up there. If you know what happened last October in Boston(and everyone here does), then it all makes perfect sense. Think about it: Damon's a huge fan of the band, he came on stage back at that concert in Boston(after the Sox beat the Angels) and he's friends with Mark and I'm sure with the rest of the guys by now. Plus, when the Sox played the Yankees in the opening series, Baseball Tonight did a feature on Alter Bridge and talked a lot about that particular Boston performance and showed clips of it, all while playing OYE. I feel that it just seems natural when Alter Bridge is doing something in conjunction with MLB to tie the Red Sox or Damon into it. Considering Damon was an All-Star and thus was at the game and Derby, it was to be expected that he would be on there and I completely expected that.

However, I agree that Piazza had no place, whatsoever, being up there. If they wanted someone else besides Damon to be up there, it should have been Kevin Millar or one of the other Sox who were apart of the Boston thing. Piazza looked like a complete dork up there with AB. Damon at least fit in.

I'm sure it was for the better that we did not hear Damon singing, lol. He sounded downright awful when he attempted that with AB before.

I honestly think that this whole thing was good for AB. For one, it exposes them to a large number of people and it helps them to get more well known and get more established. They performed before 30-40,000 people in that Stadium and millions at home. It's good exposure for them and it should help them to gain more fans and momentum.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!