Thread: Scott
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2005, 07:44 PM   #44
titan9
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Ana4Stapp) Well, this is a message board, everyone is here to discuss things, to put the opinions about music, related to Creed, Stapp , Alter Bridge...
So, if MissSeeker has the right to put her opinion ,expressing her thoughts, saying Alter Bridge needs a great singer, etc...Uncertain also has the SAME right to put his opinions, saying he likes more Myles and considers this guy a Great singer. He does have the right to dislike Stapp and to prefer Myles Kennedy. Is he bashing Stapp? Because if he is, MissSeker is bashing Myles,when she says is not a great singer...

Also, he ( and her) has the right to voice his thoughts, so we have to respect his opinions..In true we have to show respect to EVERYONE OPINIONS!

I really dont see he's been disrespectful with her(MissSeeker). Lithium also puts his comments about Stapp and Alter Bridge like you did. Like other members did.Like I did . Are these posts disrespectfull too?

So what's the difference???

PS: It's not an uncertain's defense, he doesn't need it, but I can't understand the point ..

I never said Uncertain couldn't post what he thought. I'm completely in favor of posting one's opinion on something. All I really said was that it really is pointless to turn a thread in the Waxing Poetica into a fight about Myles and Scott. This thread really should have stayed on its intended topic: a poem about Stapp. Instead, it has turned into a she says/he says thing. I think if people want to debate Myles and Stapp, it should be done in either the Alter Bridge, Creed or Stapp forums. What's the point in doing so in here? It completely ruins a thread about a poem about Stapp.

It wasn't MissSeeker that turned this thread into a who is better thread. I'll quote the post that started this whole thing:

Quote: (Originally Posted by The Lithium) Well, actually it's Mark music! Mark wrote all the music and pretty many lyrics as well. The only released song Scott has ever written by himself is Relearn Love.

Well, actually Alter Bridge is not too crazy about him. And they've toured with him for 7 years. Brian even called him "Pathological lair". And he did that awful Chicago show. And he was in some bar fights. You should really read the Kerrang Interveiw with Alter Bridge.

Meet Alter Bridge.
You knew them as Creed-
until the bizarre
behaviour of frontman Scott Stapp
tore them apart. Now
they're back, with a new
singer, a new outlook, and
some of the weirdest stories
you've ever heard - Kerrang Magazine

Read the interview here. It's worth reading, even if it's not all totally fair. Like the thing with the Anger Management book. That was actually Mark's idea at first. Don't know what happened after that, but they claim Stapp sent it, so I guess that's the truth. Anyway. This interview gives a different side of Creed than what we knew before. And just so you know. I am a Stapp fan, I love his voice, he moves people etc. But he had a hard time growing up and I think that has been following him for a long time now. Maybe his better now, I don't know.

And for the poem... Well, it's more of a fan letter. Gosh, get yourself a boyfriend, this is pretty naive!

//Lith

Because this is a forum devoted to stories/poems/lyrics, that really had no place in this thread(EXCEPT for that last line). Naturally, MissSeeker defended her opinion(as she should) and then it blossomed into this whole argument.

I never said that Uncertain was disrespectful. I never said that anyone was. All I said is that we all(myself included) should try to respect another person's opinion, even if we completely disagree with it. In my opinion, that leads to less fights. I honestly think that with all that's gone on in this thread, it should be split and part of it should be moved to the Stapp or Alter Bridge forum.

I guess part of this could be because I'm a bit fed up with how every thread even remotely related to Scott turns into a 5 or 6(or sometimes more) page argument about how he's a jerk, how Myles is better, how Stapp is better etc. I love these forums, don't think I'm badmouthing the forums. I'm just annoyed with all the Stapp fights.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!