Thread: Scott
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2005, 07:12 PM   #43
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) Uncertain, I have to agree with you that Myles is the more talented musician of the two and that Myles does have great range and is, in my opinion, a great lead singer. BUT, MissSeeker DOES have a right to not like Myles and to prefer Stapp. She also has a right to say that Myles isn't a great lead singer and that Alter Bridge lacks a great lead man. It's totally her opinion and no matter how much you tell her she's wrong, no matter how unoriginal you say Stapp is, no matter how much you think Stapp sucks at guitar playing(but don't we all when we first begin to play it? It's a whole heckuva lot harder than it looks; I can attest to that), it won't change her opinion. It is really useless, imho, to really debate that with MissSeeker. It's really useless to say how inadequate you think Stapp is in comparison to Myles.

I'm a big fan of the both of them, so I've always TRIED to stay unbiased. Both of them have qualities, AS MUSICIANS, that I really like. Stapp has great stage presence(Myles does as well), lyrics that I can very much relate to(and lyrics that have inspired me to write songs) and a smooth voice(that doesn't irritate me like most modern Rock singers today do). Myles has INCREDIBLE range(no one can deny that), great stage presence, good lyrical ability(I love the stuff he did in MF4) and is a very talented all-around musician(can write lyrics, sing and hold incredible notes, play guitar and compose the music for songs). I can't really compare the two guys as human beings(i.e. outside of music) because I don't know them. That is why you never see me talking about how much of a supposed jerk Stapp is. I just can't judge the guy like that.

Everything that MissSeeker says is in her opinion. Whether you agree with it or not, please TRY to respect her opinion, no matter how outlandish it may seem to you. These are great forums, one of the best on the net, but I've noticed a lot of Stapp related arguments that could easily be prevented by doing one simple thing: respecting a person's opinion. That is why I've tried to stay away from the fights and have tried to remain unbiased, not taking anyone's "side".

Well, this is a message board, everyone is here to discuss things, to put the opinions about music, related to Creed, Stapp , Alter Bridge...
So, if MissSeeker has the right to put her opinion ,expressing her thoughts, saying Alter Bridge needs a great singer, etc...Uncertain also has the SAME right to put his opinions, saying he likes more Myles and considers this guy a Great singer. He does have the right to dislike Stapp and to prefer Myles Kennedy. Is he bashing Stapp? Because if he is, MissSeker is bashing Myles,when she says is not a great singer...

Also, he ( and her of couse) has the right to voice his thoughts, so we have to respect his opinions..In true we have to show respect to EVERYONE OPINIONS!

And if you say you prefer Myles instead of Stapp, or you like more Stapp than Myles, OF COURSE you are comparing...It's normal. It's not a bad thing.It's not the same to say you choosed a side(and its not a terrible thing cause sometimes in life you need to do it) You just prefer something.

I really dont see he's been disrespectful with her(MissSeeker). Lithium also puts his comments about Stapp and Alter Bridge like you did. Like other members did.Like I did . Are these posts disrespectfull too?

So what's the difference???

As for considering Scott Stapp a god...Oh God!!! lol

PS: It's not an uncertain's defense, he doesn't need it, but I can't understand the point ..
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too

Last edited by Ana4Stapp : 06-11-2005 at 07:46 PM.