Thread: Scott
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2005, 05:46 PM   #42
titan9
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) Who the... what the... someone said AB is missing a great singer?

*twitch*

*twitch*

*tries to hold it*

*is still trying*

*trying very hard*

*fails*

WHAT?!

Myles Kennedy is TWENTY TIMES the singer Scott Stapp will EVER be, and is so much better than msot modern rock singers that people don't even know WHAT to think after hearing him. From a PURELY TECHNICAL standpoint he completely blows any other singer of this rock era out of the water, and from a lyrical standpoint he is much more original than, say, STAPP:

"At times life is wicked and I just can't see the light..."

Oh yeah, GREAT ability there. Not only that, Myles has a sense of humor, has a FUN stage presence instead of a dreary preachy one, and can tear his guitar to pieces, while Stapp can't even play a guitar with it strung all open.

Scoot Friggin Stapp could not lick Myles Kennedy's shoes.

And also ,whoever said to me Stapp is a God... Would you please grow up? I have seen thirteen year olds who don't treat him like a God.

/rant

Sorry guys, I tried to hold it in. But when someone starts comparing Stapp to Myles, I can't. lol

Uncertain, I have to agree with you that Myles is the more talented musician of the two and that Myles does have great range and is, in my opinion, a great lead singer. BUT, MissSeeker DOES have a right to not like Myles and to prefer Stapp. She also has a right to say that Myles isn't a great lead singer and that Alter Bridge lacks a great lead man. It's totally her opinion and no matter how much you tell her she's wrong, no matter how unoriginal you say Stapp is, no matter how much you think Stapp sucks at guitar playing(but don't we all when we first begin to play it? It's a whole heckuva lot harder than it looks; I can attest to that), it won't change her opinion. It is really useless, imho, to really debate that with MissSeeker. It's really useless to say how inadequate you think Stapp is in comparison to Myles.

I'm a big fan of the both of them, so I've always TRIED to stay unbiased. Both of them have qualities, AS MUSICIANS, that I really like. Stapp has great stage presence(Myles does as well), lyrics that I can very much relate to(and lyrics that have inspired me to write songs) and a smooth voice(that doesn't irritate me like most modern Rock singers today do). Myles has INCREDIBLE range(no one can deny that), great stage presence, good lyrical ability(I love the stuff he did in MF4) and is a very talented all-around musician(can write lyrics, sing and hold incredible notes, play guitar and compose the music for songs). I can't really compare the two guys as human beings(i.e. outside of music) because I don't know them. That is why you never see me talking about how much of a supposed jerk Stapp is. I just can't judge the guy like that.

Everything that MissSeeker says is in her opinion. Whether you agree with it or not, please TRY to respect her opinion, no matter how outlandish it may seem to you. These are great forums, one of the best on the net, but I've noticed a lot of Stapp related arguments that could easily be prevented by doing one simple thing: respecting a person's opinion. That is why I've tried to stay away from the fights and have tried to remain unbiased, not taking anyone's "side".

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!