Thread: still waiting
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2005, 05:31 PM   #17
titan9
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) Ya know, soft songs CAN be good. But it doesn't have to be silly, overused, stupid chord progressions from beginning to end. For instance, Stairway to Heaven is a pretty soft song (for Zep at least), and yet no one would complain! The problem is that when a rock band goes soft (i.e. WAWO, OLB, and even AB's ILM, BW etc.), and they do it with no creativity and nothing unique, it looks--and usually is--just a sales booster. So yeah, I love rock songs, but soft songs are viable if they are good.

I agree with most of what you said. I actually LIKED that Alter Bridge had a few ballads on their CD, as I felt that it gave ODR some variety. I know, you probably disagree with me there, lol. But I honestly doubt I'd like that CD as much as I do(it is one of my absolute favorite CDS) if all it had was hard songs. I like a bit of a break between hard songs, because it gets old if every song is hard, at least for me it does. If Stapp goes with the same formula as AB did(with the hard songs and the ballads), I think his CD will be pretty good. I just hope that not all songs are ballads and that he doesn't "sell-out" by just making a CD that sells a bunch of copies.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!