Thread: Scott
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2005, 11:13 AM   #35
MissSeeker
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by The Lithium) You don't even have any sources... And no. To me it was Mark's incredible guitar and Mark's incredible charisma. And sure, Scott was a big part of Creed and I still love that band!
I remember reading this on several websites. Scott wrote almost all the lyrics. I can't remember the exact links.

Quote: Yeah, and I actually like Alter Bridge better! I didn't think anything could be better than Creed, but boy, I was wrong!
You're entitled to your own opinion. You're free to like Alter Bridge better, I just don't understand all this hostility towards Scott. I personally still like Creed better even thogh Alter Bridge is a good band. The songs are just not as deep as Creed songs.

Quote: (Originally Posted by The Lithium) 1) Isn't it pretty stupid of him to fire Brian for something small like THAT
Well I can imagine that Scott cared about the bands reputation and didn't want Creed to be known as an enemy of Pearl Jam. Especially when you consider that many Creed fans are also Pearl Jam fans.

Quote: (Originally Posted by The Lithium) 2) I'm sorry now, but you crack me up girl! As Titan said Scott said himself that the Pearl Jam thing had nothing to do with that! And if you had been reading the latest interview from BOTH Alter Bridge and Scott you would know the truth as I do. Scott fired Brian 'cause he couldn't stand the guy. And that thing about "If I hadn't fired him I'm not sure if he'd been on this earth right now" is a statement Scott did 'cause Brian was taking drugs. Brian talked a little bit about that in that Kerrang interview you obviously didn't read.
I can imagine that Brian being heavily addicted on drugs is the biggest reason he had to leave the band. I personally think that if that is true, Scott acted as a friend who was trying to protect Brian from death of an overdose.

Quote: (Originally Posted by The Lithium) I'm gone stop this conversation by saying. You're 24... Please act like you were it too. And by quoting our dear friends in Alter Bridge.
"There was a genuine dislike for Scott Stapp. We all took burnt of it for years"

I think you should be a lilttle less agressive. You have the right to your opinion, I have the right to mine. Obviously you're one of those people that go with the flow. Alter Bridge is popular at the moment, so you have to diss Scott for not being in it even though you enjoyed him for years. A band is nothing without a good frontman and Scott did his job pretty damn good.
I'm gonna quote Scott on this:
"Walking around I hear the sound of the earth seeking relief,
I'm trying to find a reason to live but the mindless clutter my path,
oh these thorns on my side, these thorns in my side,
I know I have something free, I have something so alive,
I think they shoot 'cause they want it"

By the way what does my age have to do with anything? Does it mean a can't be a fan of Scott Stapp. He is not 'N Sync or Backstreet Boys. I'm not a groepie that follows him around of has a room full of his posters. I respect him very deeply and anyone who is denying his qualities is simply envious.

"...in the frozen night I prayed, for a touch of warmth so long delayed...