Thread: Scott
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2005, 06:38 AM   #23
MissSeeker
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by The Lithium) Yeah, but then you should have written "I'm not even able to describe what your lyrics means to me". And just so you know Flip said this in The Flint Journal:
In case you forgot, singing is music too, not only lyrics.

Quote: (Originally Posted by The Lithium) "Mark wrote most of the material (with Creed). He wrote probably 60 or 70 percent of the lyrics, did most of the vocal melodies and came up with all of the guitar riffs," Phillips said in a recent interview from the band's rehearsal space in Florida. - Read the whole interview here
I think you should check your sources, because everybody knows Scott wrote most of the lyrics. Besides, do you think Creed would have succeeded with Tremonti as singer. It is Scotts voice, lyrics, passion, moves, looks, charisma, spirituality, purity that moves the masses.

Quote: No. But it was apart of it. I got into Creed mostly because they had GREAT songs, (which Mark wrote), and because the singer seemed really cool. So both actually.
Can't you tell the difference in style between Creed songs and Alter Bridge songs? Creed is Scott Stapp and Alter Bridge Tremonti.

Quote: Yeah, sure, that's true, but all Scott's fans will also be Creed fans at first. And the Pearl Jam thing... Not the whole truth! I don't know the whole truth 'cause the band won't tell us but Brian said in an interview last year, (maybe it was that Kerrang interview, can't remember), that the Pearl Jam thing was not the reason he left and that he didn't want to tell the whole story.
Everybody knows Scott fired Brian because of the Pearl Jam thing. Of course there might be more reasons.

Quote: Actually Scott said to VH1 that he took fully responsibility for the Creed break-up and that it was all his fault 'cause he couldn't communicate. The clip was up on PassionBreedsFollowers a while ago.
Don't you want to hear Scott's side of the story? If you do read the MTV interview. http://www.mtv.com/bands/s/stapp_sco...eature_080904/

MTV: Mark and Scott Phillips said your differences were personal as well as musical. No one could get along with you.

Stapp: That's not true. There wasn't a fight. There was just no communication [between us]. I had all these health problems, and I isolated myself, and to be honest with you, I didn't feel like anyone cared about anything but making money and touring.

I have a son and my goals have changed. I didn't want to tour 280 days a year. I wanted to spend more time with my son. I'm divorced and his mother's not involved in his life, so that's what's important to me.

MTV: You had health problems beyond the injuries you sustained in the car accident in 2002?

Stapp: I was basically on [anti-inflammatory] Prednisone for the last six months of the Weathered tour, and it bloated me up like a beached whale. I looked like fat Elvis. I had a nodule on my vocal cord, too.

Quote: Yeah, that's what you think. Nothing has EVER touched me the way In Loving Memory did. That's the only song ever I've cried to. And man. Broken Wings, Shed My Skin, Find The Real, The End Is Here, I might as well just name 'em all. They're in a different style than Creed's yeah, but they're very emontional.

It's fine you're a fan of Alter Bridge, you're entiteled to your own opinion. Nothing has ever touched me like With Arms Wide Open, Higher, Pity For A Dime...

Quote: Hahaha!! I'm in love with Mark? Yeah right, you're the one who wrote that poem about Scott like he was God, remember? And I am very objective. I only quote interviews made by Creed, Alter Bridge and Scott himself. And when Mark met Scott Scott knew NOTHING about music, but Mark, for example, tried to teach him to play guitar, although he wasn't very good. Anyway. My point is that Scott learned very much from Mark. Just watch Creed: Behind The Music. It's able to download at www.PassionBreedsFollowers.com
Well to me Scott is a god and he will stay that no matter what anyone says.
Of course such an amazing guy has enemies, but there will always be enough of us who see his true colors. Scott said in an interview that Mark is a muse to him because of the great guitar playing. Mark probably used to feel the same way otherwise they wouldn't have worked toghether for all these years with so much success.

Anyway I wouldn't trust every interview you read. Magazines always need something to write about. The MTV interview comes from Scott's official website.

When it comes to Alter Bridge they have great songs, the only thing missing is a great singer.

"...in the frozen night I prayed, for a touch of warmth so long delayed...