View Single Post
Old 04-19-2005, 12:47 PM   #63
titan9
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Wow, like the Energizer Bunny, this thread keeps going and going and going. It seems like this happens to EVERY Stapp thread in this forum. It always turns into an argument, which is unfortunate. To be honest, I think everyone here(including myself) is guilty of not respecting another's opinion. We all have differing opinions on Mr. Stapp; some hate the heck out of him as a person; some love the heck out of him as a musician.

As I have said before, I think you have to draw the line between the musician and the person. We all know Stapp as a musician fairly well, but we do not know Stapp as a person? We think we do, just based upon what some people have said, based upon what his bandmates have said, based upon what the media has said. But how do we know for certain that these people are telling the complete truth? We don't. I am not saying that Tremonti, Phillips and Marshall are liars, all I am saying is that it is possible that not everything they say is the complete truth. I'm not going to take sides, though. It seems rather pointless for me to do that, and, besides that, I separate the musician from the person.

I love Tremonti, Phillips, Marshall and Stapp as musicians, but can't say whether I like them as people or not. I attribute that to the fact that I've never met them, don't know them personall and have never even seen them live in concert. The vast majority of these arguments are caused by someone saying that Stapp is an asshole as a person. Then another person posts back saying he isn't and it really escalates from there. I'd like to see just one thread that does not turn into an argument about how good of a person Stapp is. Let's try to stick to how good of a musician he is. Of course, all of this is just my opinion and you can take it as you will. I definitely don't want to argue with anyone on here, lol.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!