View Single Post
Old 04-15-2005, 01:33 PM   #33
titan9
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Yeah, I think I blame Wind-up more for the lack of news than I do Scott. Afterall, it is the record label's job to keep the fans of a particular artist up to date. Of course, if Scott really, REALLY wanted his fans to be up to date, he could have probably did something.

I HATE the fact that Wind-Up doesn't (a)update their artists official sites often and (b)promote all of their artists. I hate that they just focus on a few artists, while ignoring the rest of them. Someone on the 12 Stones Bulletin Board said that they emailed Roman DeStreets(the streetteam head) and asked him why 12 Stones has not really toured in support of their latest album(released just a couple of weeks after Alter Bridge's debut). Roman's response was something along the lines of, "Wind-Up is going to focus on promoting the moneymakers: Seether, Evanescence(big shocker there, right?), Submersed and Alter Bridge." That's great that they're going to focus on giving Alter Bridge and Submersed some promotion, but what about their other artists? What about 12 Stones? What about Eric Durrance(now, like Stapp, a solo artist)? What about Stapp? What about the other Wind-Up artists? Now I know you're thinking, "but Durrance and Stapp haven't finished work on their solo efforts." You're right, but 12 Stones has finished work on their latest album and still hasn't received a single bit of promotion for it, despite good sales in the first month of release. What makes anyone think that Durrance and Stapp(as well as other Wind-Up artists who aren't in that big four) will get promotion once they release their next album(s)? I'm willing to bet that they won't. And only because they aren't "money-makers". Perhaps they would be "money-makers" if they were given promotion. If Wind-Up won't promote these other artists that deserve the promotion, they should let them go.

It's really frustrating sitting back and watching Wind-Up fail to promote some artists and fail to update their web sites. I know that if I were in their position, the sites would be updated and the artists would be promoted. Not just the "money-makers", but the lesser known(yet talented) artists would be promoted as well. I hope Wind-Up realizes that they're making a big mistake by just ignoring some of their artists. It's really bad business in the end. I guess I might have ventured a bit off topic with my venting, so I'm sorry for that.

Back on topic, though. Dogstar is right. If Scott knew that he could not get the album done by the original time-frame(the end of 2004/early 2005) then he should not have made promises. He went through a lot. I understand that and feel sympathetic in that respect. But the fact is, we all have gone through a lot and we still continue to work at our jobs, study for school and spend time with family. If Scott was going through a lot when he made the promises of the album being out by the end of 2004, he shouldn't have made those promises and should have just taken a break from work. I'm sure if he explained to his fans that he needed a break, everyone would understand. People have gotten frustrated and impatient because it almost seems like this album will never come out. I'm not one of those people, but I can understand why some are getting frustrated. They are getting frustrated because they were promised something at a specific time and it has not happened yet.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!