View Single Post
Old 03-10-2005, 06:45 PM   #87
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
Quote: (Originally Posted by Ann) I remember reading that the Tea Party was doing the "Relearn Love" gig...it was not my understanding, from the limited information the public is given, that the Tea Party were to be THE BAND that would be used on the solo album.

I got the impression that he asked the Tea Party to work with his new solo project. The interviews that came out after that fell through had Tea Party singer/guitarist (or whatever) saying he didn't want to be involved with Stapp's baggage and ended that professional relationship. That was just my take on it.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Ann) Recording an album does not take place in one sitting, with everybody getting together, sitting down and going for it...IT TAKES TIME...tracks are laid at different times, sometimes in different locations, etc.

But with Stapp's previous history with Creed, one would know that he gets music out fairly quickly. He wrote songs almost rapid fire, and they had a new album recorded in months, not years. Why would this be any different than the Creed days, aside from having different backing members? He's still the same person, right? He writes from experiences, so unless he's faking his experiences, it shouldn't take a year to write a song.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Ann) As I've said before, starting from scratch, takes more time, than when you have been planning for several years to make a go of it on your own, as Mark has said he did...

As someone said above, Mark started from scratch as well. Myles helped write half the songs on the album, and he didn't join until Jan 04. So I don't buy this argument either.

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"