View Single Post
Old 03-10-2005, 04:03 PM   #86
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: As I've said before, starting from scratch, takes more time, than when you have been planning for several years to make a go of it on your own, as Mark has said he did...

most of his musical/lyrical work was already done...he already had his band...he had a lead singer in mind from the very beginning...and he got the singer he wanted...so, i'm sure that you can see that basically...this was not starting from scratch....ergo, the "quick to market" product.

Years???

I'm sorry... if I recall, the timeframe was a bit different:

12/31/02 - NYE Concert @ Philly
January'03 - Break
April - Creed gets in studio to jam, it doesn't work.
May - Wind-up announces solo efforts and extended break
November - On NAMM, Mark tells a few fans Creed is done
November - Michael says Flip is working with Mark, later on he says Brian is in.
December - Still searching for a singer. Myles got his demo tapes... it works.
January 04 - Myles comes down to FL to meet the guys. It works.
Feb, March- rehearsals
April - Break-up annnouncement
May, June, and July - AB in studio to record ODR. They also tour US, playing acoustic versions of their songs.
August - ODR is released

So don't make it sound like Mark had it all planned. AB worked hard and non-stop to get their thing done, because they were itching for it, they missed the gigs, missed the fans and being on the road.

I'm not saying Stapp is slacking... he had his ammount of personnal issues, like his house burning down. I don't know if he lost his material on it.

But Stapp said his album would be out in late August'04... but all he released was RL. And now it was pushed back one year, tentatively.

Personally, I think after he got together with GB, they decided to re-do all the stuff that arranged with Tea Party... and he's in studio now... since earlier in the year, it seems... august seems too late if the final touches are almost done.