View Single Post
Old 03-10-2005, 03:04 PM   #84
Ann Allusion
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: The opinions are based on the statements that Stapp made a year ago regarding music he was working on and said he would be putting out. The frustration and doubt stem from the FACT that Stapp has yet to finish this music, which by his statements sounded as if it was coming a lot sooner than what has transpired.

Frustration is understandable...but, is it not the fans putting this strain on themselves by ASSUMING that his comments were any more than a statement of intent? Altho, there MAY have been plans on his part to produce a "product" sooner, isn't it true that in the entertainment field, just as in life...things change on a minute to minute basis?

Quote: And now there have been several delays, from the Tea Party backing out to now a new studio being built.

I remember reading that the Tea Party was doing the "Relearn Love" gig...it was not my understanding, from the limited information the public is given, that the Tea Party were to be THE BAND that would be used on the solo album.

As for the new studio being built...what's the problem with that...one can build a studio...and at the same time, still be laying down tracks at another studio, rehearsing, writing, etc...it's called multi-tasking in the cyber world...

Recording an album does not take place in one sitting, with everybody getting together, sitting down and going for it...IT TAKES TIME...tracks are laid at different times, sometimes in different locations, etc...then they have to be mixed, remixed, and remixed again until everyone agrees on a finished product...in the mean time, daily life goes on for the recording artist, just like it does for us...with it's good days and bad days and everything else in between.

Quote: This is almost the same pattern that Axl Rose has followed since he promised Chinese Democracy nearly 11 years ago, and that record has yet to surface.

I didn't follow this Axl Rose/Chinese Democracy debacle close enough to assume that this is almost, or even close to the "same" pattern that you have said you noticed...but i do realize that Axl has had his own life problems, and situations that contributed to where he is right now...and, if he so chooses to make a comeback, he will...no big deal...as long as he is doing what he want's to do.

This leaves me to say, stapp is not Axl...and to compare their output is like apples and oranges...and unfair to stapp to assume he will take the same path as Axl.

Quote: Meanwhile, Alter Bridge is touring for its record that is out.

As I've said before, starting from scratch, takes more time, than when you have been planning for several years to make a go of it on your own, as Mark has said he did...

most of his musical/lyrical work was already done...he already had his band...he had a lead singer in mind from the very beginning...and he got the singer he wanted...so, i'm sure that you can see that basically...this was not starting from scratch....ergo, the "quick to market" product.

Quote: We all want the music and there are some who share an opinion that we'll never see it. Forgive us for having a glass half-empty OPINION here.

There is nothing to forgive...if you wish to see the glass half-empty...that is your choice...but why not let the rest of us see it as half-full? And when it comes to the "want" of the music...like someone said earlier..."would you rather have grape juice now or sweet wine later?"...

In my attempt to keep this civil, i hope i have touched on something in this answer that might get a few thoughts across.

In sleep he sang to me, in dreams he came
That voice which calls to me and speaks my name
And do I dream again, for now I find
The phantom of the opera is there...inside my mind

Christine/ Phantom Of The Opera

Abondon thought and let the dream decend....
Point of No Return/Phantom Of The Opera

You will forever remain the music
And I…the song you sing

Last edited by Ann Allusion : 03-10-2005 at 03:07 PM.