View Single Post
Old 02-11-2005, 09:45 PM   #20
titan9
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
See, I wasn't at all defending Evanescence, Nickelback or Hoobastank. I don't like any of those groups. Not because they became big, but because I've listened to their music(even bought The Reason) and decided I don't like it. I do, however, remember a time that those bands were actually liked.

I still disagree with you on the singles sounding a like. But, hey, it's alright to disagree sometimes. But I do agree, the big singles were not Creed's best songs. The singles released from MOP were all awesome songs, some of their best. The singles(that were hits) that were released from the next two albums weren't the best songs on the albums. But they were pretty good songs, imo.

I do not at all believe that Stapp, Tremonti, Philips and Marshall were only in it for the money. I'd be willing to bet that they didn't have as much say in what songs were released as singles as they should have. But, maybe I'm wrong. I just don't believe they were only in it for the money.

And yeah, you're right, not all Rock/Alternative bands suffer the same fate as the ones I mentioned. But most do, with the exception of those you mentioned. I guess I should have clarified that.

And, believe me, I don't hate you on here. You seem to be a pretty smart music fan, and I appreciate the honesty. I don't agree with all that you've said, but I do agree with some of it.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!