View Single Post
Old 01-24-2005, 03:04 PM   #18
titan9
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by RMadd) the Pats are hardly overrated. remember seeing the picks a few weeks ago against the Colts? most analysts were saying Peyton & Co. were gonna run circles around New England. maybe I missed something, but Indy's loudmouth kicker was the only one who scored for the team in the entire 60 minutes. then they go into Pittsburgh, which is said to be a difficult place for visiting teams, especially this year, and beat the Steelers by 2 touchdowns. and, since the '02 Pro Bowl, they've only had a small number of players each year represent the AFC. only 4 this year, despite having the 2nd best record in the league. 3 during last year's championship run (1 of those was a replacement). 6 in 2003, when they didn't even make the playoffs (1 as an injury replacement). 3 in 2002 (following their first SB victory; 2 were injury replacements). So we're talking 16 Pro Bowlers in 4 years. and in the previous 3 years ('02-'04), w/ a total of 12 players selected, 4 of them were there only because those ahead of them got injured (injury replacements have not yet been determined for this year's game). how's that for overrated? Tom Brady isn't a powerful quarterback like Ben Roethlisberger or Brett Favre, he doesn't put up big stats like Peyton Manning or Michael Vick; he just finds a way to win, and that's really what matters. and that's more than Favre's done in the past 5 years. the Pats have managed to win this year despite a depleted secondary (they have a wide receiver--Troy Brown--playing defensive back!).

Oh, I'll give the Patriots more credit. They've got terrific coaches and good players who find ways to win. So I'll give them more credit then I did in the previous post. But not Tom Brady. I guess if the Pats didn't have him as their QB, maybe I wouldn't hate the Pats as much as I do. Well, I'd still be annoyed with them being in the S-Bowl for the third time in four years. I'd like to see a new team from the AFC in the S-Bowl.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!