View Single Post
Old 01-04-2005, 05:35 PM   #54
jango
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by DekWannaBFlea) Well,

1) it is John Petrucci of Dream theater and if you don't even know his name then i doubt you will know how amazing he is. Ever heard the Song Glass prison? IF you have not i suggest you do, because it is simply amazing, the solo is metal at its finest. Dream theater is quite possibly the best techincal prog metal out there.

2) lol santana's work is included in this century and yes he is amazing. Take a listen and i think you will agree.

3) While Morello is more creative than Slash, Slash has better solos and chops.

Ill name some more for you, Adam Jones from Tool, Joe Satriani, Yngwie Malmsteen, and Geedy Lee from rush.

I fear i have meet a fanperson, who is unwilling to admit that their bassist is inferior to anybody. Metal Bassists generally aren't that great, they play really fast root notes with a pick. THat isn't tough. I could do that if i learn to pick fast enough. It takes way more practice to slap first. I have heard that album, just because the bass is fast doesn't mean it is good and it is hardly creative. IF you want a truly badass metal bassist, then listen to John Myung, Ryan Martinie, or David Ellefson . The moral of the story is that your are over rating him. And queens of the stone age are so inferior to almost any metal. But i guess i will never convince you since you are a fanperson.

Whatever.

I will not immerse myself in immature discourse any longer. If you would like to see who can name more guitarists and bassists, which is all you can apparently and cogently do, then feel free. I put myself through school working at a record store, try your best.
"Nineteen hundred and forty-six. Nineteen forty-six, Mandrake. How does that coincide with your post-war Commie conspiracy, huh? It's incredibly obvious, isn't it? A foreign substance is introduced into our precious bodily fluids without the knowledge of the individual. Certainly without any choice. That's the way your hard-core Commie works."