View Single Post
Old 10-11-2004, 02:18 PM   #16
fluttergirl
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Grunge_Rocker) Yeah man, Cornell's bad habits have really taken their toll on him over the years . Back in the old `Garden days, Chris was best known for his ability to wail like ain't no tomorrow all throughout some of his songs. And he could actually blend his voice into the chord, so that the riff would start out as a guitar strike and actually end up with Cornell screaming wildly.
cough*Loud Love*cough
Yes, indeed

Quote: (Originally Posted by Grunge_Rocker) He only attempted these feats a couple of times on the `Slave debut, and those attempts weren't nearly as successful. I hate to admit, but Chris' voice seems somehow corroded these days from all the smokin' he's done.
I know...

Quote: (Originally Posted by Grunge_Rocker) I'm hoping that Myles Kennedy will tend to pick where Cornell is gradually leaving off.
Cept for the screams, I dont think anyone can make up for that, and I dunno. Myles is extremely awesome, and nothing against him, but Chris has his own, i dont even know what, he's insane. The man is insanely awesome. And Myles is only a few years younger, he probably has his own thing, and it'll just get more exposed over time. But flat out vocally, yes. Or, better yet, Cornell could drop the smoking and get into some kind of voice rehab.

-Amber

"A person should not believe in an "-ism," he should believe in himself."
-Ferris Bueller