Thread: MARK & MTV
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2004, 10:40 AM   #19
creedlvr
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by crest tattoo) Someone asked before me, but what question and answer specifically are we talking about? I'm on vacation in another state and can't figure the channels out here. Help someone?
For me it wasn't any particular question ... it was the whole general tone of the interview and all the blame being directed in one place that bothered me.

I believe the "question" that is being referred to was regarding the Chicago concert and what Scott's problem was. Mark basically said he didn't know because he and Scott hadn't been close for a while so he didn't know what he had been doing. He also mentioned that Scott has had other priorities and made it a point to say that Scott had been "doing things that they didn't approve of." To me that was his way of making a point that he probably couldn't blatently come right out with. However, the point was made.

Then Michael stirred up more attention to it (without being asked) by saying what a wonderful job Mark did of trying to answer a difficult question - a question that made him uptight because of the lawyers watching. (Those were not his exact words ... but that was the gist of it.) All the hype of "the question" started with this statement. Personally, I found it unnecessary to bring further attention to it.

This is all based on the facts "to the best of my recollection" (with the exception of my personal comments above, of course). Hope that helps.