View Single Post
Old 05-04-2004, 10:02 PM   #21
Mulletman
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Those files that you guys keep calling corrupt, aren't really corrupted. They are deliberatly placed in there by the recording industry. Now before you scream 'Conspiracy Theory' hear me out. A while back when Kazaa was first under hot water, if you downloaded a popular file, chances are that you got a copy that only looped the first verse continuously for the duration of the song. Well those were still somewhat popular by the masses so that idea was ditched. You may still find them, but your more likely to get a legit file than the looped ones. So now the ingenious plan to foil our leechfest has been to release all songs prior to thier studio release with obscure amounts of distortion. For example, if you open any of them up in a audio editor you will get THIS in this case its Elton John's Rocketman. All mp3's have two channels [if they are recorded in mono, the same sound is on both channels]. If you look at the picture you can see that during the 'corrupted time' one of the channels has the distorted noise and the other is completely blank. If the file were truely corrupted, then NO media player will play it or it would crash the media player resulting a chain reaction of latency and systematic crashes.

Going back to to the idea of downloading music. . . .

Stoleded from Me

Ok, show of hands, how many of you want free or very cheap music? What if I told you that was a reality and you wouldn't have to deal with another p2p? Well several Russian websites have been offering these services for approx $0.01 per megabyte - I shit you not! The reason that it's like this is due to infation. when comparing the US Dollar to the Russian Ruble; One USD ($1) comes out to about 30 - 40 rubles. So this is as expensive to them as iTunes or Napster is to us. The icing on this cake is that they are high quality mp3's (192kbps), transferable, burnable and dont need a DMCA licence! As of today this is completely legal (albiet very grey) and a booming business. I dunno about you, but I'm going to try these.

UPDATE: Yes I know, I know... I forgot to add the url links to the Russian web sites. Well here are the most popular ones and as we speak I am checking them out.
Club MP3Search
All of Mp3