Thread: Mr. Kennedy
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2004, 08:07 PM   #174
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by RockGoddess) Oh jeez, I'm really getting in over my head here.

I did not detect any difficulty whatsoever in anything he did. (Again, other than hearing himself. He said later that he was basically guessing at the notes and had no clue whether or not he was hitting them. I didn't hear anything that was off) And Michael and I have discussed Myles' voice and his ability to hit the high notes. Myles does so effortlessly. And he's able to do it with out having to use falsetto. I believe it's what they call a counter-tenor; a tenor that can get into his upper register without going into falsetto.

Mark - Uhm, I don't know! LOL I just know that he has solos, some in the middle of a song, some at the end. As I had mentioned in the one song temporarily titled "Metalingus", Mark's playing was fucking insane. You're going to hear him play like he never played in Creed (well, I shouldn't say never, but not often). I felt with Creed, that you'd be teased with little bits here and there of what Mark could do. Now his guitar work plays a much more substantial role.

thanks for that, it was basically what i was looking hitting the high notes without too much effort just like on cd. falsetto can be very annoying (Hawkins from The Darkness anyone?). That voice and Mark going insane can't wait! I actually like the name Metalingus they should keep it!